Sunday, November 30, 2014

Saturday Summary, err Sunday

I've had a busy week. 

I finished two Christmas blocks I showed in  previous post. 



Both have been properly cat tested. 

I made two Christmas blankets from patchwork tops made from pre-printed Christmas storybook fabric with a piece of fleece for the backs. No quilting in theses simple Christmas throws. 


I did get a little side tracked on a scrappy project. Several years ago (~15) I read an article in a quilting magazine about 'mosaic' quilting, a method to use up various odd sizes of fabric scraps. I've done this several times when the piles of scraps grow and I want to organize 'the mess'.


I plan to border all the blocks in white (also leftover scraps) and combine them to make small quilt projects. Maybe place mats, potholders, pencil cases, or tabletop quilts.


But at least the annoying pile of scraps is gone. In it's place is a neat pile of scrappy squares. There is a difference. Really...  Now I can start making a new annoying pile of scraps! It never ends, the cycle > new project > pile of project scraps > new project from project scraps > next new project > and so on .....

Thanks for Reading.
Aileen





No comments:

Post a Comment