Monday, November 10, 2014

Black, White and Red Cat Quilt

After I finished the last cat quilt I decided to make the same pattern but with more contrast. I had some cute black and white cat fabric and added some other red, white and black prints. The high contrast really shows off the pattern better. 


This is the completed cat patchwork from my last post. It's the same pattern as above but not as obvious. 


I've considered sewing the rows in a more random staggered fashion. Each stacked row of cat face blocks is a pattern unit by itself. There is no reason why they have to be lined up exactly horizontally. It would be interesting to see a high contrast example with randomly lined up rows. I guess I'll add that to my 'Ideas to Try' list. 

Thanks for reading.
Aileen

No comments:

Post a Comment