Saturday, November 15, 2014

Earth Power Beads

I just made that up. I really don't know what to call them and if they have any power is up for debate. What I do know is I love semi-precious gemstone beads and many believe they possess energy and thus power to help in different ways. If you search "gemstone meanings" on the Internet you will find many sites with a wealth of information on the subject. That's what I did and then I condensed it into a list of just the meanings I felt were relevant for my purpose and for the gemstone beads I had available. 


I think I ended up with a condensed meanings list for 27 different beads. I didn't realize I had collected so many different types of gemstone beads. 

My purpose was to create a string of beads to put into a medicine bag as a gift. This first one I made has one bead of each gemstone and is anchored at the ends with pyrite and a quartz crystal. 




Pyrite provides protection and a defensive shield and quartz is a healing stone, so my research says. 'They' say everyone should have a quartz crystal and all the other stones I included have various types of other helpful energies. And I think they're pretty. 

Now that I have a energy reference list and a pile of beads, I could make bead strings focusing on specific energy needs by adding more of some beads and leaving out others. If I had a reason to. For now I'm going to make more Earth Power beads similar to this one and spread some good energy around.

Thanks for reading. 
Aileen 

No comments:

Post a Comment