The first one I did was with the scary cat fabric. I looked up several cat patchwork patterns and ended up designing my own very simple cat face tessellation pattern using just two sizes of blocks, one 4 1/2" square and two 2" squares for each cat face.
Then I went with a simple checkerboard pattern for the black and white skulls fabric and some other assorted light and dark fabric.
Finally I worked up the idea I had for a tombstones patchwork using some assorted grey and dark brown fabric I had on hand. Using a strip piecing method I sewed a tombstone dark light strip and cut it into random widths, added dark strips of fabric in between random height light tombstone blocks, and stacked them up in rows.
I also planned to do a spiderweb like pieced block but I'm going to finish these four placemats first.