Monday, May 11, 2015

The Guy Block

I haven't done too much in the past couple weeks. Distracted by springtime, gardening, video's and some new craft supplies I guess. But I did reorganize one of my fabric cabinets while I was straightening up my craft room and pulled out this assortment of rocks, wood and nature themed fabrics. 


I don't remember having a specific purpose for these pieces but they are an interesting addition to my fabric collection. And I have to admit I 'collect' fabric like someone else might collect salt and pepper shakers or teapots. I don't just buy fabric for projects, specific or imagined. I often buy a piece of fabric because it is beautiful, unique, a color I love, or a theme I'm attracted to. Lately I've been picking up colorful geometric patterns and anything map related.





 I may or may not use them in a project anytime soon or ever but I enjoy having them, looking at them and may just pulled them out and use them in an out-of-the-blue project one day just like I did with the pile of stone, bricks, rocks and wood prints. 

I call it the The Guy Block because it's seems manly and I made it for a guy. No pink colors or flowers. Just rocks, bricks, wood, and well, ferns. 


Thanks for reading. 
Aileen

No comments:

Post a Comment