Saturday, May 30, 2015

Just Quilting Stuff and Random Art Play

Just doing a couple small quilt projects. 

Another Guy Block. 



And a pink thing. 



Now I'm working on a random scrap thing. 




I haven't felt very artistically motivated lately but I have been practicing some pattern making and playing with new art materials. 

This little book has lots of ideas from patterns in nature. 


I've been sketching some patterns from examples in the book. I see this as filling my internal database with patterns and memorizing them by drawing them. Internalizing art techniques is very different than studying a new programming language or memorizing science facts. 



And I found this fun bleeding tissue paper. I'm not sure exactly what I will do with It but I see some possibilities. 


These colored pages are screaming for more artwork. 



Thanks for reading. 
Aileen


No comments:

Post a Comment