Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Stringing Pearls and Other Stuff

I didn't really know I liked pearls until I saw these bumpy colorful freshwater pearls. The way a pearl shines is uniquely different from metals or polished stones. But they have the weight and density of a piece of rock. I'm hooked on them. 

Today I made a simple necklace with pearls and hematite beads. I'll probably just wear them around the house. 



I also finished up an ornament I started in December.  There are several more of these I plan to make but for now I'm putting that project away until next Christmas.


And I'm going ahead and working some more on Christmas quilt projects and just need to sit an do some quilting on a table runner and place mat. 



Finally, I'm still working on some artwork. There is a painted collage that refuses to be completed but I think I'm almost finished it. And the continuing pursuit of the perfect turquoise abstract. Now I'm just painting on heavy fabric.



Thanks for reading. 
Aileen




No comments:

Post a Comment