Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Couple More Medicine Bags

It's like making pancakes. The first one out of the pan never comes out perfect and the last ones are usually just right. I worked through some design and construction details when making my first two medicine bags, so this one went together very easily. It has few embellishments because the intended recipient wanted it simple. Just some fringe, but not too much, and a couple beads.




This one was also a gift for someone who wanted it simple. There are no beads at all, just the arrowhead, but I did not spare on the fringe. Call it artist prerogative.  How can you have a medicine bag without a generous amount of fringe?!


The next medicine bag I make will be for myself. It will have beads, lots of them, and a generous amount of fringe, and most likely some other semi-precious gemstone embellishment.

Thanks for reading.
Aileen



No comments:

Post a Comment