Saturday, October 25, 2014

Make Room on The Wall

Groan...  I have to clear off my design wall to make room for new exciting projects. Of course the projects up there now were new and exciting at some point in the past. And I left them up there determined to finish them because I get attached to them. I really do want to finish them. I have already migrated a few things off the wall. This is what's left. 



I just have to sit one day and sew. For quilt projects on the design wall I complete sewing the top. Then it goes in the cabinet on the 'to be finished' shelf. The quilt top has to be completely sewn to quality for that shelf. Otherwise it's just an unfinished quilt and goes someplace else. I have a couple of those. 

So I have multiple stages of 'doneness':
Genesis - idea, sketched, designed, fabric picked out. 
Unfinished - cut pieces or most pieces cut, maybe some blocks sewn. May or may not be on the design wall. 
Top Complete - the quilt top has been sewn and put away. 
Ready to quilt - top, batting and back are basted and ready to quilt. 
Partially quilted - quilting design decided on, thread picked out, quilting has been started. I do this by hand. 
Ready to bind - Quilts done generally don't get stuck here for very long. Once the quilting is done all I want to do is finish. 
Complete/Waiting for embellishment - This is a special category for wall hangings or art quilts. The actual quilt piece is complete but I have embroidery or beading I plan to add.

Now I want to make room for the Star Trek quilt, some Halloween placemats and Christmas fabric projects. 

I actually have another category. 
Completed - Quilts I've made but don't have a use for. They are brand new, never used, stored and waiting to be given away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment