Monday, July 16, 2012

Art in the Dark

What do you do when you have no power for a week? 
And it's 90 to 100 degrees outside...
Stay in the cool dark basement and play on an iPad or IPhone.

This is the photo I took of the derecho minutes before it took out power and hit our area. 



The photo does not do it justice. It looked like a wall of black clouds mowing down everything in it's path and that is pretty much what it did to our entire state. This was only 7:30 PM but it darkened the sky so much the street lights came on. Hundreds of thousands of people lost power all across the state, many for a week or more, including us.

But since my craft room and most of my artwork is done in the basement I had to find other ways to stay busy for awhile. I always have books to read or art apps to use on my iPad. Things are getting back to normal now and I am working on some new painting projects. I did recently finish a blue painted collage and have some other works in progress.


I also managed to do a little sewing and made these pencil cases.



And this cute little booklet.


Until later....
Stay Busy. I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment