Monday, March 12, 2012

How many practice pages...

...does it take until you no longer call it practice? I am still experimenting with making art journal pages. I have done at least a few dozen background pages so far but very few completed pages. I enjoy experimenting with different painted effects but I am less enthusiastic when it come to collage with paint. I am  comfortable with paint but I have never done collage before. I keep trying out different collage elements as the base layer and different paint surface layers. And all that practice paid off because I accidentally created a page I like that I think looks like denim!


I just threw a bunch of scrap papers down, slapped on some gesso and  then finished off with some phthalocyanine blue and said cool! Now I am going to try to recreate this effect with different papers for the underneath texture and maybe improve on this idea. Either way, this blue is my favorite color and the effect is interesting so I will end up with pages I can use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment