Friday, March 16, 2012

New Tape and Painted Pages

I bought some washi tape from www.cutetape.com because when I saw it I had to have it, not really knowing how I planned to use it. I think I may use it to write on because I haven't found pens yet that write nicely on the acrylic painted backgrounds I have made. Not sure why, I thought sharpie wrote on anything? But I prefer acrylic paint to watercolor so will work around the problem until I find markers that work for me. Anyway, the tapes I picked are sort of consistent with the theme I am working with which is geographic:


There are many other colors and prints of tape to choose from and I already have a wish list for my next order! But I won't be needing any more for awhile. I am still working on page backgrounds! Another experiment every day. I haven't yet found the right combination of background papers, paint colors and transparency to achieve the look I want. But I have ended up with some interesting backgrounds even if I don't really like them that much. These are a few of my current dissatisfying experiments but the colors are brighter in person.









No comments:

Post a Comment